How you pay for an item depends on the payment methods accepted by the seller. You should carefully read the item description before you bid to find out what methods the seller accepts. For information about advantages of different payment methods, see Payment Methods.
Regardless of which payment method you are using, clicking the Pay Now button is the fastest way to pay on eBay.
After you win an auction listing or have clicked the Buy It Now button, you can see the Pay Now button in the following locations:
- On the item page.
- In My eBay, in the Items I've Won section.
- In the confirmation email you receive from eBay.
- On the invoice email you receive from eBay on behalf of the seller.
However, if the payment details are not available, or you were expecting to see different totals, you should do the following:
- Review the item description and all emails you have received from the seller. The seller may not have specified postage costs in the listing. However, if the seller sent you postage costs by email or if the costs are in the item description, you can manually enter this information on the Review Your Purchase page after you click the Pay Now button.
- If you still don't have the information you need, click the "Request total from seller" link next to the seller's User ID. After you request the total, the seller will be able to respond with a new invoice that includes payment information.
- When the seller sends your invoice, click the Pay Now button in the invoice to see your updated total.
To pay for an item:
- Click the Pay Now button.
- Check your postage information, and confirm the order details, including shipping, insurance, and taxes (if applicable). Then, click the Continue button.
- Select your payment method and enter your payment information. Then, click the Continue button.
- Click the Confirm Your Payment button to complete your purchase.
Note: These steps assume that the seller is using checkout on eBay. Sellers have the option to use other checkout systems.
If you're having an issue paying for an item using a credit or debit card, you may be using an older web browser that isn't secure enough for making payments or managing your payment methods. You'll need to upgrade your browser in order to buy the item.
Learn more about paying for items