Once you close an account, you can't use it to buy or sell items. You'll also lose your purchase and sales history, feedback profile, and other account information.
If you're considering closing your account due to a billing or purchase problem, please contact us so we can help.
If you still want to close your account, make sure:
- Your Available and Pending funds is $0.00
- You don’t have any Pending payouts
- You've resolved any suspensions or restrictions
- Your account meets our minimum seller performance standards
- You don't have any open bids
Once you close your account, there's a 60-day waiting period for all purchases and sales to complete. Within this period, you can also ask us to reopen your account if you change your mind.
After 60 days, your account will be permanently closed and can't be reopened. You'll have to register a new eBay account with a different username and email address to buy or sell items.
Contact us for help closing or transferring the account of a deceased eBay buyer or seller.